Friday, September 30, 2011

Almost Halloween

I usually start decorating the house for Halloween around this time. I have a few things I have made over the years that are family favorites. They aren't spectacular to look at but we just love having them around. My kids still enjoy seeing these decorations even though they're both college age.



I made this little wall hanging over 10 years ago. The pattern was free on the internet. It uses a little paper piecing and I also machine quilted it. First time I even tried either of those techniques. I usually hang it off my mantle. You can actually see it from the street a little.

I made this little ghost last year. I found it as a free pattern on a quilt blog. I saw it while at work so I copied everything I needed. I came home and worked on it. I hang it off my front door. Everyone loves this little guy! I found fabric with the perfect sized pumpkin and used that as his little trick or treat bag.

I also made this table runner last year. I had bought a few fall fabrics and looked for a small project so I could use them. I have a book of seasonal table runners that I just love. Not sure if you can see, but I have two little pumpkin buttons on either end of the runner. If anyone wants the name of the book, just leave me a comment. I am currently working on a little wool tablet mat with pumpkins. I will share when it's done. Hope everyone is getting out their own fall decorations. Great colors for a nice season.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...