Monday, October 17, 2011

Mystery Quilt

Our quilt guild is offering a mystery quilt. I haven't done one in a long time and thought it would be fun to do.
The quilt is supposed to measure 48" by 60" but I plan on making the borders a little wider. The only information we received this month was to pick 5 light prints, 1/4 yard each.
Also, 5 medium prints, 1/4 yard each.
 And last but not least, same with 5 dark prints.
 I think this is a great way of using up some of my many fat quarters that I seem to have collected over the years. My daughter helped my pick out the fabrics. We "shopped" from my stash. This will be a free quilt in my eyes!! Hope I can get the borders out of my stash too. We'll have to see.

I also started to knit a lace shawl/scarf. The yarn is so thin! Very slow going. I will post pictures when there is more to see. For now, 20 rows looks very small!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...