Thursday, October 6, 2011

New Yarn



A friend and I went to the Spin-Off Autumn Retreat (SOAR) in Manchester, NH today. We are not spinners but hoped to buy some great yarn at the vendor market. We had a wonderful time. I had been told in detail what my daughter wanted me to buy for her. She is making a cable and lace scarf. She wanted some sort of variegated blue. After much walking around, I did find something I knew she would like.


I also have a few projects in mind. I am always on the look out for some nice sock yarn. I'm not sure why but I love to knit socks. It's always more fun if you have some neat looking yarn. These are both hand dyed. I found the pink to be different and the gray was somewhat quiet. The pink was almost out of stock. The owner told me she only dyed 12 hanks in this colorway. The gray has a wonderful shine to it. The picture just doesn't show it.


I have always wanted to make a lace scarf/shawl. I thought a lavender would be a great color. This one caught my eye.

 That's what I have to show for my trip to SOAR. I found it very interesting watching people spin their own yarn. Maybe someday, when retired, I will look into it a little more. For now, I am lucky to complete the knitting and quilting projects I can find time for. I will show my projects once they really get going! So much to do! Just need to find time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...