Saturday, April 13, 2013

MQX Quilt Festival/New England

I have been looking forward to this quilt show for months! It was held in Manchester, NH April 10-13. I signed up for 2 classes. One class was all about Free Form Feathers with Sally Terry. The second class was with Kim Brunner where she told us all about Building Blocks for Good Design. I had 2 friends going with me and couldn't wait.

 However, the best part of the show was meeting Sally! I had "met" Sally on Twitter. We were both quilters and both from Massachusetts. She planned on attending MQX also. Perfect time to meet. You can find Sally's blog here. We had a great time! I'm so happy we met. We're already planning to meet again in the near future! I'm looking forward to more fun times with Sally! As you can see, Sally is standing in front of the quilt she had accepted into the show. Her quilt was gorgeous!

I'm going to post pictures of some great quilts. The quilts were phenomenal! I was in awe of the beautiful and intricate stitching on these works of art. As usual, I do not have the names of who entered the quilt. The hall was so packed! I wouldn't have been able to write the names down and keep track of who made them. Enjoy the quilts! I surely did!




 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There you have it! I wish I could have taken more pictures and posted even more quilts. It was a wonderful show. Hope you all have a chance to attend some day. I'm planning on attending once again next year!

Next post will be all about my classes and the stuff I bought! It's all still in my bag. My husband is out right now so it may be a good time to put it all away!

12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to attend and take a couple of classes--and meet a cyber friend in real life. Beautiful quilts too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun, Dora! I really enjoyed myself and loved meeting my friend. It's nice to get away once in awhile and just do what you like!

      Delete
  2. I'm sure you had a blast! How fun to meet your twitter friend. Gorgeous quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such fun, Astrid! Wish you could get to a few quilt shows!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a fun get-together and those quilts are quite amazing!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such fun! The quilts were unbelievable. There is so much talent out there! I'm already looking forward to next year!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the peek into the show--looks like you had a great time! Sometimes I feel the "goodies" are the best part (LOL)! Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you, love the buying part! SO many vendors and such great quilts! I really enjoyed this show. I think it's one of my favorite shows I've ever attended!

      Delete
  5. Incredible quilts! Glad you enjoyed your classes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping to see you Friday. Missed you! Such a great quilt show!! It was wonderful!

      Delete
  6. Wow, beautiful quilts - so intricate. Love that one of the Pthalenopsis (sp?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quilts were unbelievable! Such talented people out there! Thanks for visiting my blog!!

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...