Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Puzzle Box Border





I had an appointment at the dentist yesterday to find out why I keep getting an infection where I had had a root canal a few years ago. I thought he was just going to open up the gum and sort of clean it up. He found the root had a crack in it so he had to remove it. One day later, I look like I'm holding a golf ball in my mouth! I'm on antibiotics and some mild pain killers. It's actually feeling much better now that 24 hours have passed.

I had hoped to start machine quilting the border on the Puzzle Box quilt yesterday. However, after that pesky dental appointment, I was lucky to just lay on the couch and keep awake. As you can see, I did get to the sewing machine today! I worked sort of slowly but I really enjoyed my time spent sewing. Between the Easter holiday and the dentist, I was wondering if I'd get to do any sewing soon.



I have a feeling this is going to take a little while but I just love the end result. That black border looked so plain to me. I hope to work on it a little bit everyday. It'll get done soon enough. I have to keep reminding myself to enjoy the process! So what that I have 3 other quilt tops just begging to be quilted!!

18 comments:

  1. Ouch! I went through something similar last year--no fun!! I love your quilting--so pretty. Hope you feel better very soon..Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose. I feel much better today. I wasn't expecting the swelling. It felt good to quilt and forget about that stupid tooth!

      Delete
  2. Hope you're feeling better soon, but your quilting looks fabulous! Love that variegated thread on the black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I should have said in the post that it's Superior Thread. I use Aurifil more but this one is working out nicely!

      Delete
  3. The quilting in the border is awesome! I love the choice of variagated thread, too.
    Hope your mouth feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the border is going to be quite colorful! My mouth is better than earlier today but I want that swelling to go away!!

      Delete
  4. Ouch! Hope you are feeling better today! Your quilting looks beautiful and that variegated thread is perfect on the black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my mouth is feeling much better. Still a bit swollen but not as bad as before. So glad you like the quilting!

      Delete
  5. I hope you are feeling better Rosemary. Your quilting looks great on the black background of the boarder. Can't wait to see the finished product. Feel Better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! The swelling is better today. Still a little sore but definitely improving. Happy to know you like the quilting! it's a little bright but I love the color on the black too!

      Delete
  6. Ouch! I hope you are feeling much better now! I LOVE your quilting on the black border! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you! My tooth is better but still not completely back to normal. The antibiotics aren't agreeing with me but almost done! I just hope this tooth will finally stop bugging me! Thanks for liking my FMQ on the border. I wish I had done more but that stupid tooth has slowed me down!

      Delete
  7. Feel better soon! That sounds like it HURTS. I love the quilting! The pop of color on the black is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you're feeling better today. The quilting looks great! The variegated thread on the black adds movement in a way just plain black wouldn't do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I auditioned a variegated black thread and it just didn't do anything for the quilt. I really love how the colors in the thread are waking up the quilt!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...