Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Great Day Off!



 Not sure if you all know, but I work most Saturdays.  Having a Saturday off is a real treat for me! And, yes, I was off yesterday! I had such a nice day. I thought I would write about it since it was so fun for me.

First of all, I didn't have to get up early! So nice. I have friends who go to a quilt shop monthly for a class and yesterday was the day! I met them there. I got to shop and walk around Quilter's Way in Acton, MA.  I bought some Aurifil thread. It's about half an hour from my house. Due to construction, it took longer than expected but I still got there! I love this plaza. I also got to visit a few other shops.


I got to shop at a really nice yarn shop. They carry the finest yarns available. I bought a nice self striping sock yarn. I'm not sure if I should make a shawl or socks with it.  You can see too!


Isn't it pretty??  I really love the different blues.



The best part of the day took place in the coffee shop! All three of us sat down and had coffee together.  So nice to sit and talk with friends. We're all around the same age and are all quilters. We had plenty to talk about! Thank you, Gwen, Linda and Marlene! Hope you had as much fun as I did!

For dinner, my husband and I went out to a local restaurant. A great ending to a perfect day off!





10 comments:

  1. Oh isn't that terrific--good for you! Love that yarn with all those blues...Regia is a great feeling yarn. I used to make lotsa socks for family for Christmas from it...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had never seen this particular brand before. You know how soft it is! Couldn't resist buying it!

      Delete
  2. so glad you got to spend your day off with like minded people .. having fun x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your day sounds like a perfect day off! The yarn is beautiful, love the shades of blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love with those colors! Had a great time! Thanks for visiting!!

      Delete
  4. So glad to have you join us, Rosemary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me! How did the class go? I was thinking of you this afternoon!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...