Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Gifts and Pojects

 
I can finally show a few things I made for Christmas now that the holidays are over. I made a few pillowcases for the holidays as gifts. I made the kitty pillowcase above for my daughter. Of course, she loves cats! I made one for my son with guitars on it. He took it back to his college apartment before I could take a picture.
 


I made this mug rug for my Secret Santa. I found out she loves to drink coffee so I thought a nice big mug would be appropriate. I hope she's using it and enjoying it. I find mug rugs come in very handy. They're fun to make and so practical.


This is my current project.  I love it! It's fun to make and so cheerful.  I'm using a jelly roll and a white polka dot on white background. I put it aside for over a month and am very glad to be working on it again. I need a total of 30 blocks. I've actually made a few more since this picture was taken. I'm getting there!


Anyone thinking of joining this Quilt Along?  I've been trying to find a project to work on where I can use up scraps only. This one seems very interesting. It's called Tone it Down since you use many background fabrics with low contrast. It's being offered through American Patchwork and Quilting and I was lucky enough to have received the magazine for Christmas. Santa knew what I wanted!

I hope to show you the baby quilt I made.  As soon as it's gifted, I'll post pictures!! It's even double sided!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...