Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Free Motion Quilting Basket Case Quilt



I'm done quilting scrolls on the ribbons of the Basket Case quilt. They didn't take very long and I didn't have to mark a thing. I love not marking!

 
 
However, I had to do something different in the white background area. I decided to micro stipple clamshells. I love this effect. The micro stippling is flattening out the white area and making the ribbons pop. I tried to take a few pictures that would show this but the lighting was not cooperating very well. The only drawback of micro stippling is how long it takes! That's okay. Time to enjoy the process!

Here's a picture of the quilt top to refresh your memory.


Looks like a lot of white background. Definitely will take a while!

6 comments:

  1. What wonderful dimension that micro stippling is giving the quilt! The ribbons really do pop. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like the effect of the scrolls next to the micro stippling. Really adds a lot more than I expected!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful beautiful quilting rosemary!! All your practice is paying off big time!! And I love that quilt--so cheery!! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Such a fun quilt! The quilting is adding a lot to the design too! I'm liking it so far!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...