Sunday, June 1, 2014

June Weather!




The weather is just perfect today! I've been diligently working on my 2 quilt projects indoors. I've done some machine quilting and I also cut out all the pieces for my next two blocks for the Tone It Down quilt. However, I've been wanting to go outdoors and enjoy the weather.  I decided to start a lace shawl. I feel knitting is great when you want something portable. I can sit on my deck and keep knitting and enjoying the sun all at the same time!

This lace shawl pattern is called Happenstance. It's from the book Sock-Yarn Shawls by Jen Lucas. I had some variegated sock yarn that I felt would work out very nicely. It will measure 48" by 20". I think it will make a nice Christmas gift for a friend. It's difficult to think about Christmas during this nice weather but this is the time to start those holiday projects. They always take longer than expected.

Here's a close up:


The pattern is just starting to emerge. I've really missed working on a lace project. They're a bit demanding but I just love the final product! Sometimes even watching television can be too distracting while knitting the pattern. The deck is perfect! Nice and quiet but outdoors!

Hope you're all enjoying nice weather this weekend! So glad the winter is over and summer is just about here!

4 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you said about the beautiful weather, and a portable project. I started a crocheted lace shawl today while watching the baseball game and I had to restart it a couple times. Eventually, I turned off the game and progress was made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to concentrate sometimes when watching TV. So glad the weather was nice enough to go outside in the quiet!

      Delete
  2. warm weather and a pretty hand project. what could be better?

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...