Thursday, December 4, 2014

Busy Times!



 
 
I'm so busy right now! I'm trying to get Christmas shopping done while decorating the house. My family has a few health issues going  on right now. I'm working and trying to get my projects finished! I like the holidays but sometimes it's just too much!
 
Anyways, I just wanted to share with you the (little) progress I've been making. My applique is coming along as you can see above. The large pieces have all been sewn. This is a fun project I can work on while watching television or visiting my parents. I'm looking forward to the embellishing stage. I plan on embroidering a few things like the kitty whiskers! My kitten has all white whiskers except for one black one! I might do that on this kitty too!


I'm almost done machine quilting my Dresden Plate! It has been so slow but it's finally nearing the end. I decided to use straight lines to quilt the border. There are 2 straight lines are 1/4inch apart with 1 inch separating the pairings.


I must admit not all the lines are completely straight but the fabric is wonderful to hide little imperfections.  I'm also going to scallop the borders which will eliminate the edging anyways.

That's about all I can share. I have most of my shopping done which is a very good thing! It will give me more free time although something else will probably take it's place! So busy and so much to do! Aren't the holidays fun??!!

4 comments:

  1. Love the sewing machine in your applique!
    So sorry that the family is having health related issues. Hope all is well soon.
    I haven't even made a dent in the Christmas shopping yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dying to get my shopping all done! The health stuff is just annoying, nothing too terrible. Working on applique is so fun and relaxing!

      Delete
  2. I agree--busy times! Love your little kitty block! Cute fabric on your border...hugs, Julierose P.S. BREATHE now and then..;--)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose! I'll have to remember to breathe! I'm sure that would help!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...