Monday, January 19, 2015

Endless Meandering


I've been spending lots of time meandering over my mom's quilt. It still seems as though I have so much to do! I tried to take a picture of the quilt sort of hanging off my machine! The blocks that make the Irish Chain pattern are all quilted.


 

 

I've started the original border. I have a feeling this is going to take a while! I do like how it's coming out. The quilt is laying nice and flat. It's hard to see in the pictures but the variegated thread looks really nice on the different fabrics. I'm hoping I'll speed up and get it done but not sure that will actually happen! Let's hope my mom loves it when it's complete!

10 comments:

  1. Can't really see details in the photo, but I'm sure it's lovely. It must be giving you quite a workout! Your mom will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom can't wait to get it! It's a little hard to maneuver but I'm doing okay with it! Just hope I get to finish it soon.

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful and I'm sure your Mother will love it...who wouldn't. Thanks for sharing. Your doing an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, DeAnna! My mom really wanted to be able to use this quilt this winter. Hope I can do that!

      Delete
  3. I do love variegated thread for quilting, too. this looks like a lot of work, but it'll come out beautifully I'm sure. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thread does look good on the fabric. Hope I finish it soon!

      Delete
  4. I enjoy both doing meandering and also having that as the random pattern on my own quilts. Some quilts really look great with it! Yours does!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a nice comment! I feel as though I should have this pattern down really good after this quilt is complete!

      Delete
  5. Your quilt is looking awesome, lucky mum
    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...