Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Arcadia Avenue - 3 Blocks and A Half


I finished Northern Lights, the third block of Arcadia Avenue. I'm loving these blocks! They're fun to make they're just striking. Somewhat addictive too! Each block is made up of 12 wedges. I make 3 wedges at a time. I think this block looks harder than it is! The only thing I don't like is the bulky seams when putting the block together. When paper piecing, the seams all go in the same direction. I'm experimenting with the next block. I'm going to paper piece 6 wedges according to directions. However, the second set will be sewed together in the opposite direction. I hope it works! It's so easy when the seams butt up to each other. I'll let you know if it works!


Here are my 3 blocks together. They won't be set like this but I thought it would look nice to put them all together!


Here's half of Block 4, Spiderweb. Hope my experiment works!!

10 comments:

  1. My goodness this is coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully gorgeous blocks. looks very time consuming. will be a gorgeous quilt for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Definitely time consuming but paper piecing makes it very accurate! It's still fun to work on!

      Delete
  3. Great idea to try sewing the two halves from opposite directions! I hope it's a success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to remind myself to not follow the numbers! It will be interesting!!

      Delete
  4. this is lovely work; they do look difficult! I like your colors a lot! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! Paper piecing makes them much easier than they look! I never work with solids but I like it so far!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...