Saturday, May 23, 2015

Boomerang!!


This is Boomerang, block 8 of Arcadia Avenue. The wedges were easy to paper piece but not so easy to put together. I was chopping the points off of a few of the wedges as I put them together. This doesn't usually happen when paper piecing. I'm not sure I made the wedges properly. It ended up working out but this block made me sweat!


I think they look pretty good all together! I can't believe I'm so close to finishing these gorgeous blocks. I thought it would take me so much longer. I'm starting to think about what color background to choose. I still have no idea.


Here's a peek into the next block. They may look like rockets but the name of the block is Filmstrip!
Doesn't it remind you of old filmstrip?? You'll have to wait and see what this block looks like when complete!

9 comments:

  1. Looks like this next block is going to be interesting! They're going to look amazing all put together - how many blocks in the quilt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are 12 blocks but they're set together in a unique way. They make up 3 columns of 4 blocks each. There are diamond shapes between them to square up the hexagon shapes. Will be interesting!

      Delete
  2. They are all beautiful! I love seeing each one emerge...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I think that's the fun of making these blocks. The designs are all so different. It's fun to see it come to life!

      Delete
  3. these are all so gorgeous! ALMOST makes me want to make a set. I would use black to make them pop. so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm leaning towards a dark background but haven't decided for sure.

      Delete
  4. Hard to believe how quickly you are getting these done. Each one is so pretty, and even the names of the blocks are fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised too! I'm even ahead of the quilt along and I started late! I think I just found a method that works for me and just happens to be quick!! (Good thing!)

      Delete
  5. WOW what amazing blocks, looking god and I can't wait to see the end results
    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...