Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage

s

 
I don't need another project but I couldn't help myself! There's a quilt along over at A Bee in My Bonnet that started this past Friday. It follows the directions for the blocks shown on the cover of Lori Holt's new book, Farm Girl Vintage. It's a wonderful book. So many gorgeous blocks and so many projects! It's a feast for the eyes!!


The first block is Apronstrings. You can make 2 different sizes, 6 1/2" or 12 1/2". I'll be making the smaller block. The quilt along will be making 2 blocks per week from now on. I'm not sure I can keep up at that pace but I'll do the best I can.

You can also make a pin cushion using the Apronstrings pattern. The directions are on Lori's blog.

I think it's going to be fun. I also love being able to use my stash. There's so many options with this quilt along. I had to join!!

4 comments:

  1. You've made a great start!! I loved this as soon as I saw and thought I'd like to join in but decided the cost of gettting it the book here is a bit high. I'll enjoy watching your progress instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is great but it was priced high even here. After looking through it, I can see why! It's full of projects and all sorts of blocks. I can look through it for hours!!

      Delete
  2. love your block. this looks like a fun little start to something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This whole project is cute and fun! Not sure if I can keep up with the quilt along but I'll do what I can anyways! Happy Mother's Day!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...