Monday, July 13, 2015

FMQ Downton Abbey Update


I just wanted to show you the progress I've made quilting Ladies of Downton Abbey. I have the body of the quilt all quilted. I have the borders and set in triangles along the borders ready to quilt. I'm still trying to decide how to quilt those areas. I tend to make decisions when I reach that area.


I think you can see the quilting in this picture.  I made my loops in the sashing. I wasn't sure if I would like it as I was actually quilting. When I finished and looked at the quilt as a whole, I liked the result and was really happy with the choices I had made.


I like the quilting in each block. It looks really nice in person. Choosing a quilt design is always a gamble with me. I'm not sure if I will like it or if it will look good. I just have to make myself stop overthinking it and just do it!


I love the back! You can really see the quilting! I used King Tut thread by Superior in a variegated beige/light brown.

The border is less than 3 inches wide. I may just choose a Free Motion Design. Still not sure!! I'll share once I have some quilting done!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is gorgeous! I love the loops in the dashing and everything else! The thread is very nice too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! It came out better than I expected! I wasn't sure about this one but I'm happy with the results!!

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful. I love all the quilting. You've really come up with some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Em! It takes me awhile to decide just what to quilt but I usually figure it out in the end!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful quilt and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those quilted loops are lovely! I always have a difficult time choosing quilting (by hand as I only straight stitch by machine LOL) designs, too. I have no idea how I will do my Poms. I really like how the back came out on your DA a lot! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate the words, "Quilt as Desired"! I never know what design to quilt. I figure it out after awhile but it's not an easy thing! You always finish your quilts so nicely. You always know what to do!

      Delete
  5. lovely quilt:) I just started watching Downton...and I'm all caught up ...except the last season. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the show too! It's so good! Glad you like the quilt!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...