Thursday, July 2, 2015

Runaround Bag


I took Joan Hawley's class on Craftsy called Zip it Up, Easy Techniques for Zippered Bags. I have made a few projects with zippers, but not too many! I thought this would be a good class for me. I got the class on sale and it includes patterns to three bags. I thought it was a good deal.

The Runaround Bag is the first of the 3 patterns. It's also the smallest. I think it measures about 7 1/2 inches by 9 1/2 inches. It's great to carry a few items like your cell phone, money and credit cards. It would be perfect to carry when going to see the fireworks!!


It only uses 2 fat quarters, a zipper and fusible fleece. I had everything at home but I did buy a different zipper. I wanted a beige one but I only had white ones at home.  I had a few coupons for Joann's so I went shopping earlier today.


Here's a close up of the front.


Here's the back pocket. I used one of the decorative stitches on my machine when topstitching the edge.


The layers were all assembled in a certain order. I had to sew all around the edges and "birth" it through the zipper!! So fun! I think they'll make great gifts. The whole bag took less than 2 hours. I guess there's a reason I have so many fat quarters hanging around!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh really lovely bag--I love that fabric--perfect for Summer...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to see you're back! Thanks for the nice comment. Hope you're doing well!!

      Delete
  2. Love your new bag! I have overcome zipper phobia to a certain stage, made some wristlets that was lots of fun.
    Happy July 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Astrid! I'm trying to get more comfortable with zippers. This one was pretty easy. Let's see how I do with the next bag pattern!

      Delete
  3. Really cute, and a great idea to use the decorative stitches on your machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! I feel those decorative stitches should get used more! This was a cute little project to try.

      Delete
  4. great looking bag. I may need to find that pattern........Lord knows I am fat. er um have tons of fat quarters LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't think the pattern is new. It's one of 3 patterns found in the Craftsy class. I need to use up some fat quarters too!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...