Monday, August 31, 2015

Nickita Bag


I took a Craftsy class called Zip It Up: Easy Techniques for Zippered Bags. This class is taught by Joan Hawley of Lazy Girl Designs. She teaches 3 different zippered bags in this class. I've made 2 so far. I made and blogged about the Runaround Bag in July. This time, I made Nickita!


I machine quilted the top fabric, batting and lining fabric. I used a simple meander.


I attached one half of the zipper to the quilt sandwich. I love matching up the zipper color with the top fabric. It really adds to the total look of the bag.


After attaching the other side of the zipper, Joan teaches how to make sure that the zipper ends up in the middle of the bag. She's full of tips and ideas to get that perfect look.


The ends are sewn up and the bag is marked according to directions. We're going to make nice boxed corners.


Joan walks you through the process of getting a professional looking zippered tote!

In less than 2 hours, my tote was finished! My daughter loved this bag! Looks like I'm going to have to make another one for myself!

11 comments:

  1. Just lovely finish on this--I have a similar bag that I use for my knitting...
    I love it...really handy...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! These zippered bags are so useful!

      Delete
  2. Wow, it's great that you got so much out of that one class. A girl can never have too many cute zippered bags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! I'm so glad I took that class. Zippers don't scare me like they used to!!

      Delete
  3. Love it...I have made two so far and can see another one coming up. They are good fun indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin! I would love to make a few for Christmas gifts. They're so handy to have around!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...