Saturday, October 17, 2015

Farm Girl Vintage Top


Here's my Farm Girl Vintage quilt top, so far! It measures 43 1/2" by 57 1/2". It needs a good pressing as well as a few more borders! The sashing measures 6 1/2" by 1 1/2" and the squares are
1 1/2" square. I did not repeat any fabrics when cutting out the squares for the sashing. (Too much stash but it came in handy!)

The next border is made up of the background fabric. However, the border after that is made up of flying geese. 130 flying geese, to be exact! That border might take a while. I have the fabric all washed and ready. The border after the flying geese is just the background again. The very last border is quite wide and a beautiful yellow in the book. We shall see what I come up with!

I'm happy to have all my cute little blocks all sewn together. For some reason, I hated seeing them in a pile. They look like they belong all pieced together!

4 comments:

  1. What a bright and cheerful quilt! And it all came from the scrap pile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous!!!! Huge congrats to you and I look forward to seeing the next progress installment!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Alaska and Ruler Work

 The 4th row for Alaska is ready to be sewn to the rest of the quilt. I saw a picture of Alaska online that included a pieced border using o...