Wednesday, January 27, 2016

More Scrap Blocks





I've been cutting my fabric to prepare to make scrap blocks. I've been cutting 2 1/2 inch strips and then subcutting them to size of the blocks.  Once I reached 12 blocks, I decided it was time to sew them together. It takes so long to cut these blocks, but so fast to sew them up! This first picture shows the 12 new blocks I made today.


Here are all the blocks I've made so far. I have 12 blocks left to make that feature 1 square. However, I've decided to make a few squares made of 4 mini blocks. I plan on making 4 more of that particular block. I'm going to make this quilt with 49 blocks using a 7 X 7 formation. The quilt should measure approximately 70" X 70". I love using up my scraps but so far, this hasn't made much of a dent in my stash. I guess there will be more scrap projects in my future!



8 comments:

  1. That's a great idea...was just looking at my scraps as well the other day. Thought about a string quilt, but already made one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using up my scraps since I have so many! I was thinking about a string quilt. I have so much more to do to get rid of these scraps!

      Delete
  2. looking great! I know what you mean about the scraps. I have enough to make everyone in the state a quilt I think! LOL
    they seem to multiply at night too.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My scraps just won't go away! They just keep growing!!

      Delete
  3. Why is it that the more scraps you use, the more you create? It's like a free quilt though, when you use only scraps. I your quilt design with the added 4 patch blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just keep multiplying! Haha! I've got to think of more ideas to use them up!!

      Delete
  4. Super cute! and what a great pattern to use up those scraps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, April! So many scraps! I'm going to try to think of ideas to use them!

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...