Monday, February 29, 2016

Happy Leap Day!


Happy Leap Day to everyone! It only happens once every 4 years and I love the sales I kept seeing. Many quilt shops were offering 29% off fabric and other items. I bought this fabric which I'll be using to back the scrap quilt I've been working on.


I just finished making the rest of the blocks to complete the quilt. I've been playing around with the blocks and it's so hard to stick with just one arrangement. If you move one block, you end up moving 2 or 3 more blocks. It's never ending! I'll probably stay with this setup or something very close to it.


Here's a close up of the mini blocks I just finished making. I think it's nice to throw in a little something different. I'm just trying to make the quilt more fun. Also, I got to use some smaller scraps when making these little blocks. It's amazing the amount of fabric I needed to make those larger blocks. My scrap pile still doesn't look like any smaller, unfortunately.


I've having such fun working on my hexies. These are my latest. It's a nice project to have handy while watching television. I don't feel quite so lazy! Hope you enjoyed Leap Day!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny that the scrap pile never seems to get any smaller, lol! Great quilt top, and you chose a super fabric for the backing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think the fabric scraps multiply when we're not looking!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...