Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Quilt Day


I spent Monday afternoon pin basting my scrap quilt to the batting and backing. It took a few hours but I was so happy to have it done. I never look forward to basting but it's so wonderful to have it behind you!


I already started to quilt it. I couldn't wait! I'm just quilting a simple meander. I feel with all the different fabrics, this will work best.

                         

I also started sewing together the first row of the Farmer's Wife 1930's Quilt. I chose a white on white tone fabric to set the squares. It looks really pretty! It's impossible to see in the picture but I really like how it looks! The process is slow since the directions are minimal. It may take awhile but I think I'm really going to love it when it's done.


                                

Here's my design wall. The row I put together is on the far left. I'm really loving the way it's coming out! I cant wait to see how it looks when it's done.

I'll be working for the next few days so I doubt I'll get much done. That's okay! I had a fun quilt day today!


6 comments:

  1. I really love your scrappy quilt and the Farmer's wife, well, what can i say--just gorgeous...and with your wonderful quilting skills these will just shine...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juierose, you leave the nicest comments! Thank you so much! For all your nice comments!!

      Delete
  2. Love your scrappy quilt! Especially I like those small blocks in between. Lovely! Beautiful Farmer's Wife quilt! Love the white background. I have the book, so perhaps one day....
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Astrid! I enjoyed making the scrap quilt. I love being able to use up those scraps! The Farmer's Wife was not easy! The blocks are so small and so many pieces! I'm lucky I finished 42 blocks! There are 99 total. That was enought for me!

      Delete
  3. both quilts are gorgeous! don't you hate when work gets in the way of quilting fun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I wish I didn't have to work but I have no choice! It's not good that work takes away from quilting!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...