Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Tuesday Fun


I was quilting this today and decided to take a picture! All blocks are quilted except the  whole bottom row and the corner stars in the top row. Eight blocks left! Of course, I still have the sashing, inner borders, outer borders, etc. I always feel getting the blocks finished is a big accomplishment and a big step in completing the quilt. 


You might think this is a bit of an odd picture. I just wanted to see how many blocks I have left to complete Sweet Tea and Green Beans. The answer is, " A lot!!". I completed one quarter and put all the blocks together. However, the other 3 quarters are coming together rather slowly. I have quite a bit of hand work left which will take some time. I am happy with the way it's coming out so I'll just keep trudging ahead. 


I brought Molly to the vet today for her check up. She wasn't as afraid as last year. You can see her making her way out of her pet carrier. Last year, she wouldn't come out on her own. We had to pry her out. She's 2 years old now so maybe she's getting a little braver!

8 comments:

  1. love your farmgirl quilt. and yes you are near the finish line! whoot whoot! the sweet tea and green beans is going to be a beauty too. Molly is so cute. hey if once a year I was getting a shot I wouldnt come out either. LOL my two do the same only they each have their own quilt lining the carrier. my vet laughs. she says I make it "too comfy" in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawnieq! It feels so good to finish something even if I'm just getting close to finishing! I never thought of lining their carrier with a quilt. I may do that next time!

      Delete
  2. that Farmgirl quilt is so lovely--and your Sweet tea is coming along--a lot of work on all the blocks it appears...shots are definitely not fun!! Hugs, julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I really love working on my quilt projects. I tend to try to rush through them only because I have so much more I want to make! Molly ended up being just fine. She was happy to get home!

      Delete
  3. So much accomplished! Your scrap basked must be getting low by now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think my scrap bag would be getting thinner but not true! It doesn't even look as though I made a dent in it! So frustrating!!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...