Thursday, August 4, 2016

Firenze Bag


I bought a Grab 'n Sew Kit a few years ago. This kit included just about everything needed to make this Firenze bag designed by Pat Bravo. I had to supply my own interfacing. I have a few kits just sitting around and thought it would be nice to work on a small project for a change. 


Here's a peek into the interior of the bag. I would have liked to orient the pockets differently but I didn't have enough fabric. 


The kit also includes this heavy cording for the handles. It took a little while to work them inside the fabric!


But I did it!


Here's one side of the bag after the 2 halves were sewn together. I managed to work in a zipper also. That was the hardest part. I'm more comfortable with zippers than I used to be but they can still be challenging. The zipper was also included in the kit.

I sewed around the edges and turned it inside out. I also added a few rosettes to each side of the bag. The instructions were to sew 5 rosettes to one side of the bag. I had enough fabric for 6 rosettes so I added 3 to each side!

I'm trying to hold off starting another quilt until I finish quilting Farmgirl Vintage. I just don't have the time. I'm trying not to get overwhelmed with too many projects. These little projects are perfect!

6 comments:

  1. Super cute! How handy to have a kit at the ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em. I have quite a few kits. I should use them up!!

      Delete
  2. This is so sweet--love it--very girly..nice work Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! Sometimes, a quick project is just what you need!

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...