Sunday, August 14, 2016

My Projects


Like most quilters, I have a few projects going. I'm working on hand piecing these hexagons for the Jen Kingwell quilt, Sweet Tea and Green Beans. Each side measures one inch. I copied the template onto freezer paper which I then ironed to the wrong side of the fabric. I basted the seam allowance down. I need to make 38 total. It will make one block that will measure 15" X 8.5" finished. 


I made these lace socks for the daughter of a friend. She's 4 years old. These socks were nice and quick due to their size. I was thinking of making another pair for my friend so they would have matching socks! 


I thought you'd like to see the progress I've made on the borders of Farmgirl Vintage. I made the circles in the first border. I stitched around each of the red flying geese. I made a little fleur de lis in the light areas of the flying geese. I have 2 sides left. 


This picture shows how I marked little dots on the bottom of the first border. That was to help me to space the circles evenly. The dot at the top of the border was a reminder of where to place the small circles that alternated. It worked very nicely. I read that somewhere so I can't take credit for that little trick!

The borders are going so fast! I've already ordered backing for Arcadia Avenue. That's the next quilt I plan on quilting. I always seem to have 3 quilt tops to quilt. Hoping to get that number to zero!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely projects; great idea for the socks--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! Getting so sick of this heat. Hope you're staying cool!

      Delete
  2. Those hexies look great in the fabrics you chose.
    The socks are so cute and a matching mommy/daughter set would be awesome.
    I really like the circle-in-a-circle pattern you quilted into the border.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Em! Staying in and trying to beat the heat!

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...