Friday, August 19, 2016

New Blocks and Quilt Goodies!



These are the Drunkards Path blocks for Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt. These are so fast since I figured out how to machine piece curves. I don't do all that pinning I've seen on some demonstrations. I start with the large piece on the bottom and smaller piece on top, right sides together. I sew slowly and just make sure the smaller piece is being fed under the foot at the same rate as the larger piece.The seam comes out nice and even. They look pretty nice after a good ironing!

 

This is the Poppie block. I "cheated" by paper piecing it! It has some weird angles but was quite easy to make. 


Here are the goodies I bought when I went to the Mancuso World Quilt New England show. I had a wonderful time! I saw some beautiful quilts and attended a lunch/lecture with Bonnie Dwyer. I have lots of great quilt pictures but will wait until the show is over before I post them. If you ever get a chance to see this show, don't miss it! There are quilts displayed from all over the world. It's one of my favorite shows. Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Wow the blocks are great! Very nice! Thanks for sharing your tips! Glad you enjoyed the show! I love that one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Erin! I'm learning a lot making that quilt! I always enjoy quilt shows. So fun!

      Delete
  2. That looks great...I am going to the bi-annual Australian Machine Quilting Show in a couple of days. Super excited...I hope I can be as restrained as you in my purchases. Looking at the book...that looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lov the poppy the colors are great! Your drunkards path blocks came out super, too. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

Alaska and Ruler Work

 The 4th row for Alaska is ready to be sewn to the rest of the quilt. I saw a picture of Alaska online that included a pieced border using o...