Sunday, January 8, 2017

Scrap Vortex

No automatic alt text available.

This is a sampling of what I've done so far to make my Scrap Vortex quilt. This quilt was designed by Crazy Mom Quilts and you can see her directions for week one here. She had her own quilt along in 2015 but Instagram has started their own quilt along for this pattern. It may have started in December. I'm working at my own pace. I honestly need more than one week to work through my scrap bag.

Image may contain: indoor

Speaking of scrap bags, here is mine! It's still quite full but isn't bursting the bag. I've made a little progress! I'm not sure how big the quilt will be. I have lots of scraps to work through. However, I love that I'm going to be able to use these lovely little pieces and make a quilt. It will be like a memory quilt. Each fabric reminds me of other projects I've worked on. I've even found a few orphan blocks to add to the randomness of this quilt! I wonder what it will look like when I'm done. I have no idea right now but it will be fun to see!

6 comments:

  1. You've made a great start. Love the idea of including a few orphan blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! Might take awhile to work through that scrap bag. Too many scraps!!

      Delete
  2. great idea to use up those pieces I hoard, um SAVE LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm a scrap hoarder too!! We like our fabrics to throw out even that small little piece!!

      Delete
  3. Oh don't you just love that quilt?? it is definitely on my list--love scrappy fun...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope mine comes out as nice! It's fun to use up those scraps and not feel so guilty about sticking them in a heap!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...