Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Flower Blocks

Image may contain: flower and plant

I finished up the Flower Blocks for Green Tea and Sweet Beans. I made them my own way and I think it worked out just fine. 

No automatic alt text available.

I appliqued my flower onto the background. The directions were to add pieces to the flower to square it up. I thought this method was so much easier! And more accurate too.

No automatic alt text available.

I didn't applique the stem. I sewed it between to pieces of the bottom fabric. I used freezer paper to make the correct shape to be sewn to the flower pieces. 


Image may contain: flower

I just sewed the two pieces together and then trimmed to finished size. Done!!

I have 3 blocks left to make to finish the body of this quilt. The border is a whole other story. It's full of applique. This top won't be done for awhile but I'm really enjoying it and that's what counts!

4 comments:

  1. Oh that was a really good way to make them--they came out looking just lovely hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I felt this way was so much easier for me! Easier is better!!

      Delete
  2. Your method worked out really well. I like the way you fussy cut your flower petals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! So glad you noticed that little detail!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...