Thursday, March 9, 2017

A Little Handwork

No automatic alt text available.

Other than machine quilting, I seem to be doing a lot of handwork. It's nice and relaxing to sit on the couch and not feel guilty! This is the clamshell block I'm making for Green Tea and Sweet Beans. This block looks deceptively easy. The clamshells like to wiggle around even though I feel the piece is pinned and taped as much as it can be. It takes a little while to get the hang of it. I just have 3 rows left!

No automatic alt text available.

I started a new shawl. It's called Cinder and designed by Jen Lucas. I'm knitting the easy part, the lace area starts up later on! 

My two projects are coming together nicely. I'm thoroughly enjoying the relaxation and calming effect. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh that is good--with today's snow (again??) I will be doing a bit of ironing--I LOVE to iron for some reason--and then some little sewing...
    Nice clamshell rows--and i like the color (blue-ish-violet?) of your yarn for the shawl hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to work today but did come home to knit! Yes, the yarn is blue but not as dark as it shows in the picture. We didn't get too much snow today but heard 22 inches Tuesday into Wednesday. What??!! Can't believe it!!

      Delete
  2. Love working on a knitting or crocheting project in the winter. It keeps your lap warm as you work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we'll need those projects a bit longer. Snow on Tuesday!?!? So glad I'm off that day!

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...