Friday, March 31, 2017

Square Daisy Block in Progress

No automatic alt text available.

This is the major portion of the Square Daisy block for Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt. I decided to do this block my way. I was supposed to square it off with more individual pieces. I'm going to applique it and then cut it to size. I did the same thing to a previous block in this quilt.

No automatic alt text available.

This is the background fabric that I'm going to use for the applique. It's sweet little bunnies!

No automatic alt text available.

I'm hoping it looks something like this once the applique is done. I'll also be adding triangles to this square so this daisy will actually be on point.  It should measure 12.5 inches when finished. 

This is the last applique block for this quilt. I have to make 9 small pinwheel blocks. After that, I'll be able to sew the top together without the borders. I'm looking forward to seeing how it's going to look.
Such a fun quilt to work on! 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying this pattern--that's what counts for sure! and I love your applique block--it is lovely--beautiful work on it...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose! I'm so close to the end of these blocks. It's going faster than I expected!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping this method works out as well as it did with the other applique block. I'll post when it's done!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...