Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Border for Green Tea and Sweet Beans

No automatic alt text available.

It's so hard to get a good picture of a border. Too long! It measures 8 inches wide and 60 inches long. I took a few close up pictures also.

No automatic alt text available.


No automatic alt text available.

I love using different green fabrics for the stem. It makes the border so interesting. I'm reusing a lot of my freezer paper so it's actually a little faster. I have everything marked with a water soluble blue marker so it's easy to work on one small section at a time. 

Image may contain: indoor

This picture gives you an idea of how the border will look on the quilt. I like it! An appliqued border takes a while but adds so much to the quilt. I'm looking forward to making more borders. I think I'll make the top next since it will be a mirror image of the bottom border. Another great way to use scraps!

4 comments:

  1. Making good progress! I like your choice of pink for the background fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Em! I wasn't too sure about the pink fabric when I bought it but I think it's fine too.

      Delete
  2. Love that pink border so much..this quilt is lovely--nice work hugs, Julieose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! Love your comments!

      Delete

Log Cabin for Christmas

The Log Cabin for my neighbor is done! I'll call her at the beginning of the week to give her the good news. She wanted to have it ...